Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy New Year & welcome to my blog...

My Recurrent New Year's Resolutions:
1. Lose weight
2. Be more organized

My 2009 New Year's Resolutions Revamped:
1. Eat smart and exercise regularly to achieve a healthy weight
2. Slowly and thoroughly declutter closet by closet and drawer by drawer
3. Put myself first more often


I spent New Year's Eve with Brian and wonderful friends and rang in the new year. January 1st I pinned my hopes on 2009. I hope this will be the year I actually achieve my resolutions. I hope this will be the year my children realize their true passion in life. I hope this will be the year Brian and I can take a week and relax and enjoy being together. I hope this will be the year I can take advantage of all life has to offer and share it with my husband, family, and good friends. Wow, those are really high expectations I know.

It's the middle of January and I'm already struggling. I miss my daughter who's back at school already and enjoying the frigid temperatures in northwestern Wisconsin. I'm sad at the thought that my son leaves Sunday for a new dorm, a new roommate, and a new semester. Work has been difficult-my patients and their families seem unhappy in general. And my best friend is facing an uphill battle against a serious medical problem.

Hmm, I'm not sure where this year is leading me. So I'm trying to embrace the good things: my daughter is happy and content; my son seems excited; I still love what I do for a living; and my best friend has a wonderful husband and children and me.

Life is what we make of it...

Janet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment - must've learned it from you! :-) Though not sure eating lots of marshmallows would make it onto the mommy of the year list.

love you too - c