Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Just when I think there's no hope for my husband's romantic side he goes and does this......

I was off work on Friday so when the hospital supervisor called Friday night to beg me to work that night from 11pm to 7am Saturday morning I gave in and said yes. An occasional night doesn't bother me, I've always been kind of a night owl anyway, and I really like the night staff of nurses. So as my hubby was leaving the hospital finally at 11pm I was coming in. The night shift was okay, busy and steady but not hectic. So there I am at 7:15 the next morning knee deep in report and my wonderful husband walks into the conference room among all the nurses and hands me a large skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks, wishes me a Happy Valentines Day, and walks out---and if you can picture this---all the nurses going "Awwww". Now, who was he scoring points with??? Me or all the nurses??? ;0)

I really wanted to go home and sleep but my best friend was coming home from the hospital so I put a turkey breast in the crockpot, mashed potatoes with cream cheese in the crockpot, whipped up a batch of my mom's homemade Arkansas stuffing and went to work on homemade brownies (one of my sister's wonderful recipes). Mid-afternoon the doorbell rang which immediately sends my dog into a barking frenzy and it's a flower delivery! For Me! From darling husband!

Needless to say he really scored points this weekend. If he only knew that he could have stopped at the latte-because I know what it took for him to walk through a room of unforgiving, gossiping nurses and wish me a happy valentines!

Love you Honey...

Janet

No comments: